Captain401 is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Why Work With Us?
- We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, SV Angel, Joe Montana, Jacob Gibson (co-founder of NerdWallet), and Greg Brockman (former CTO of Stripe).
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Captain401's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Captain401.
- Commuter benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution of $250 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
We try not to spend money on “perks” like ping pong tables. We practice what we preach! We believe employer funds are best spent towards investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.